Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies

Oatmeal Chocolate Chip Cookies


I made these back around the release of the second Hunger Games. I asked one of my friends what kind of cookies I should make for the midnight movie premier that we were going to. His reply was "Katniss Cookies." This is what I decided to make to be the Katniss Cookies.

Enjoy. 
And may the odds be ever in your favor.

Mix together:
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, soft
1 1/4 cup  dark brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar

Add:
2 eggs
2 t. vanilla
1/4 t. cinnamon

Mix in after sifting together:
2 cup all-purpose flour
1 t. baking soda
1 t. salt

Add:
3 cups oatmeal (whole oats)
1/2 to 3/4 of pkg semi-sweet chocolate chips
Optional- 3/4 cup chopped walnuts

Bake 350* for 10 minutes on a cookie sheet with parchment paper.

*This is the original recipe but I added another 1/4 t. of cinnamon, 1 cup less of oats, and added both semi-sweet and milk chocolate chips. 

Tell me how it goes if your try the recipe!!

No comments: