Sunday, June 7, 2009

A Getty Weekend


This weekend was spent exploring all that Getty had to offer. Anne and I with occasional guest of my sister Megan and Anne's boyfriend David, was so much fun. On Friday I arrived to LA to quickly get to the Getty Villa in Malibu to make our appointment. Yes, you do have to make an appointment and yes I made it for the wrong day ha! My other dumb moment that day was taking the wrong freeway on my way up.. had a few that day. The Getty Villa was really pretty not too much to see, a lot of statues that kind of get old but the gardens and the architecture of the villa were probably the best part. We had a lot of fun taking pictures in the gardens, Anne is great with taking lots of pictures which is one of the many reasons why I love her but I was limited to how many picture I could take with my dearest sister. I think the limit was three and I used them all up ha. The next day Anne, David and I went to the Getty, which I just love that place. The building, the gardens, the actual art in the museums, everything I love it all. We had a lot of fun viewing our favorite pieces and taking lots of pictures in the gardens.

No comments: